St. Peters Weston
A Church has been here since Saxon Times, and is mentioned
in the Doomsday book of 1066.
The Church was damaged when it was used as a cavalry outpost
when Oliver Cromwell camped on the high ground a mile to the N.W
at the now named Cromwells corner, the site of the modern village of
Ringsfield. The church was originally thatched but replaced by tiles in 1849.